Clicking Key

Glen_Deligdisch@sil.org Glen_Deligdisch@sil.org
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 13:22 -0500 (EST)

     Dear List,

     I tuned a Wurlitzer Spinet yesterday.  D4 makes an annoying click that
     sounds like two pieces of wood being hit together every time it is
     played.  In fact, if you press the key all the way down, let it up
     just slightly (not enough for the Jack to return under the hammer
     butt) and press it down again it will click again.  I spent around 20
     minutes looking at the note from every angle and just could not see
     what was causing it.  The hammer, damper flanges and pins were all
     tight.  The jack is firmly against the let off and all felt is in
     place.  The sound comes from the top and not the bottom of the action.

     Do any of you have suggestions or experience with what is making the
     noise?

     Thanks,

     Glen

     Glen and Ruth Deligdisch