SB plank width (was:Soundboard Thoughts of Marilyn Monroe)

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 11:05:43 -0800 (PST)

At 10:18 AM 12/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have an interesting piano in my shop.
>An old Mathushek upright with 1" or so
>strips comprising the sb. The ribs fan out
>from the top treble section.
>My atlas dates it about 1888 (#18901).
>It is keeping company with an 1866 S&S upright.

Hello, Jon --

So, what is the sound quality on this uniquely
"stripped" soundboard piano? Is the treble good?
How did it hold up to the passage of time? Are the
ribs and bridges of normal size, more or less?

Yours,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"I'm glad that there are at least some things somewhere that I don't have to
do today."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant