Concerning soundboard compression ridges (resend)

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 22:57:29 -0500

Keith,
I meant what you read in my post.
A comment in response to Del's post.
I was speaking in general terms.

Every business has PR to spin their product's
assets into something larger or as the case may
be . . . diminished.

Why should an instrument manf'r be different from
an auto or cigarette man'f'r.

Autos get recalled for stress flaws. But since instruments
are not life threatening (mostly), consumer safety groups
do not need to get yet another government agency to enforce
a recall on what many consider to be just a cosmetic blemish.

There was a dealer who lost his franchise because he was trying
to get a man'f'r to warrany cracked boards and comp. ridges.
Last I heard, he didn't get his customers satisfied.
Where? When? I forget. Who? Doesn't matter.
What's the expression  - "Don't fight City Hall".
After all, we are not dealing with the Pyramids. How long do they
need to last? Usually through the end of the warranty period. :-)
Which is probably getting shorter all the time.

I'd much rather have someone put a beer in my hand, than words in my mouth.
:-)

Happy Holidays,
Jon Page
I hope this doesn't turn into another thread that will not die.