Soundboard Thoughts

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 08:59:22 -0500

Hi, Barrie,

Let us not get into self tuning pianos again.

I cared for an old Sohmer 6' or so in a recording stujdio that had
agraffes on the bridge.  I was an OK sounding piano, but the falseness
of the notes drove me up the wall when I tuning it.  Today I would drip
CA glue into the bridge holes and hope not to glue the casters to the
carpet.

I still think bridge termination needs improvement and the bridge pin
solution is not the best of all possible solutions.  What the next
arrangement is I do not know, but I can hope for something easy and
qusick to install on old pianos still with original strings.

Well, Hlpe all is well with you.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com