Les Smith's previous Walter Lane post

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 16:31:52 -0600 (CST)

List,

   Please ignore my post of a few minutes ago. Susan beat me to it. Except
*I* didn't have to go searching. :-) (Hi Susan)
   Oh well, that's what I get for getting so far behind on my e-mail.
Sigh....only 257 more to go.

Avery

>Dear list --
>
>I was interested in finding out what Les had written earlier about Bush and
>Lane, so I used the searcher and found it. Just last March! Time flies.
>
>I thought some more of us might enjoy reading it again, without the bother
>of searching the archive for it, so here it is.
>
>Susan

>>Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 00:01:14 -0500 (EST)
>>From: Les Smith
>>Subject: Re: Sealed pianos
>>To: pianotech@byu.edu
>>
>>Hi, Richard.
>>
>>Since you brought up Bush and Lane, and since I promised you a lit-
>>tle background on them a couple of weeks ago, I'll continue on that
>>thread a moment.  Bush and Lane enjoyed a brief existence of only
>>about thirty years, but in that brief period of time produced some
>>of the finest upright pianos ever made by an American manufacturer.
>>Bush and Lane also produced a few grands (5'8") but their reputation
>>wqs  established largely upon their upright pianos.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893