Warranty

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 22:30:24 +0000

I am selling a Kawai 6"6" grand, about 18 years old and have
agreed to a one year warranty on the soundboard, bridges, plate
and pinblock.  The piano is in excellent condition with no
problems in any of those areas.  My problem is how to write it
up in the bill of sale...Is this a can of worms.  I live in the
San Francisco area which is very stable and I have little worry
about this warranty still...At present I am stating in the bill
of sale that the soundboard warranty is for cracks only which
can be proved with the insertion of a thin probe into the crack.
I don't want a cosmetic crack coming back to haunt me...Is there
such a thing as a surface crack?  Will it in time open up even
in San Francisco.  The bridge warranty is for cracks that can be
proved cause tonal problems.  Pinblock warranty covers cracks
and separations which lead to tuning pins not holding.  The
plate warranty is simple for no cracks.  Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance...

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA