Wagner Safe-T-Planer

Chris Gregg cgregg@cadvision.com
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:38:57 -0700

Lee,
        Try using a 2" drum sander with a fence on the drill press instead
of the Safe-T-Planer.  It is much more accurate, much safer and does a
better job.   It is possible to get the tops of the keys exactly parallel to
the bottoms, and when the job is finished they feel just like a table top.
Also at the end of the cut, instead of having that sharp cut edge, there is
a smooth convex curve to the top of the key.  A much more professional job.
If you use a stop on your fence, you will get a  straight line along the top
of the keys.

Chris Gregg