clicking hammerheads

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@emi.net
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:30:48 -0500

Hi Lance,

I had a similar situation with an ancient Stenway A. During my first
service 5 years ago,  5 or 6 jack flanges were dislodged. I reglued them
and reasoned that, for sure, the others would go (just as in old uprights).
I just became aquainted with CA glue at the time so I tried using the thin
stuff on all the other flanges (without accelerator since speed of curing
was not an issue here) as a preventive measure. In 5 years none broke
except ONE which occurred last week. I feel that many more would have
broken had I not done the CA treatment.

Similarly, using the thin CA on loose hammerheads,  would probably be a
great quick fix. When the opportunity presents itself I will definitely go
that route.

Sincerly,

Howard S. Rosen, RPT
Boynton Beach, Florida