SAT tuning, and thanks for welcome

David Boyce David@bouncer.force9.net
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 22:38:19 -0000

Thanks Ray and Ralph, for your remarks of welcome.  Yours in Gaelic, Ralph,
using the only three words of that language that I know! (Apparently far
more people in Canada speak Gaelic than in Scotland, and of those in
Scotland who do speak it, many can't read and write it.  But I
digress........)

I'm really enjoy the positive attitude shown by those on the list to new
ideas, especially to tuning with the SAT.  I met Dr Sanderson a few years
ago at one of the PTA (Piano Tuners Association) Conventions in England,
and found him a most
pleasant and charming man.
The PTA in Britain doesn't seem to approve of electronic tuning.  But to
me, what should matter is the end result - a stable and accurate tuning
intelligently achieved in a reasonable time, by whatever means. No?  I was
interested to read John Freeman's recent positive comments about tuning
with the SAT.

I don't see many American pianos.  For 30 years there was an American Navy
base near where I live, on the River Clyde, and I used to see a few
Wurlitzers etc, owned by the military personnel in that area.  But the base
departed at the end of the 80's.  What I get most of is straight-strung
overdamped cheap old British pianos.

Best wishes to all,
David.
David@bouncer.force9.net