using superglue on hammer glue joints

CCL Pianos CCLPianos@aol.com
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 00:15:10 EST

What? List, I see that some of you are backing out of the notion that it might
be a good idea to use a drop of CA on a noisey hammer head.  Some of the
attributes of using it: it won't warp when it dries; it takes less than 20
seconds to bond; and it usually solves the problem, permanently.  I have seen
many repairs fail, only to start clicking again in a few years. Also, the guy
who is less than agile ends up twisting the flange pin loose, or worse
cracking the shank.(while removing the offending hammer head). Also, I resent
the fact that someone would condone creating more work just because they would
be paid more.
Patrick Wethington RPT
Denver