advice??

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 00:16:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Ed.

An addendum to my earlier post on this subject. I assumed that you
HAD tuned that old Hallet and Davis and had left it 100 cents sharp.
If that's true, then my advice to lower its pitch back down to
A-435 at the first opportunity stands. HOWEVER, if you did NOT tune
the piano, or if you ever again walk in on a 112  year old piano in
original, unrestored condition which is 150 cents sharp; shows evidence
that numerous strings have broken for previous tuners and have been
replaced; and exhibits soundboard and bridge problems to boot, my advice
would be to refuse attempt to service the piano at all and just walk away.
On second thought, RUN! Such a piano is a technician's nightmare just
waiting to come true.

Les Smith
lessmith2buffnet.net