Last minute calls(OFF TOPIC)

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 09:33:52 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, Phil Bondi wrote:

> ..needless to say, it will NOT be a fun day today..

Don't lie to the List, Phil. It's going to be a GREAT day when you hand
her the bill for the pitch-raise, tuning and bridle strap replacement
and she pays you in cash!

> ..and I'll go on record as saying this..why are alot of these calls that I'm
> receiving, these last-minute-I-need-it-done-yesterday calls involve Baldwin
> Acrosonics..?

Two reasons: First, most Acrosonic owners try to keep their instruments in
top condition by having them tuned at least once a decade, whether they
need it, or not. Secondly, owners know from past experience that even with
this kind of "over-and-above" maintenance, the only way they can get
anyone to listen to them play is by filling their audience with PLENTY
of "Holiday cheer". first. Hence the once-every-decade tuning calls for
Acrosonics ALWAYS come right at Christmas or New Years.

As to why they ask you to tune on the day of the party,  instead of  a
week, or two earlier, that's an easy one, too. They know that the last
time they gave their Acrosonic that required, once-every-decade tuning,
it didn't last anywhere NEAR a whole week! :)

Where else but Pianotech could you find valuable information like the
above?!

Merry Christmas

Les smith
lessmith@buffnet.net