using superglue on hammer glue joints

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 14:56:52

At 01:02 PM 12/20/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Roger,
>
>I remember begin shown the CA on the hammer head click by a Yamaha Factory
>Tech. At a convention some years ago. In any event *debonders* do exist for
>CA glue.
>

>Greetings Don,
                I'm not decrying the use of CA on hammer heads, just
suggesting that some thought and discretion be used in it,s application.
Just recently I treated half a dozen hammers on the Swift Current SD10, one
hour before curtain time, tough choice but reasonable in my book. This
piano has new hammers and original shanks, I have pulled hammers that have
been treated with CA and have noted that a fair amount of shank fiber gets
pulled with the hammers head, resulting in too loose a fit for my liking.
 I was unaware of 'debonders' would be interesting to try on some samples.
Roger.
Roger Jolly
University of Saskatchewan
Dept. of Music.