using superglue on hammer glue joints

CCL Pianos CCLPianos@aol.com
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 23:53:07 EST

<< The
Yamahas that have been treated in this manner I just replace with prehung
shanks. One of many reasons is that I wish to maintain their standards with
regards to hammer/shank fit>>

Rodger,
Thanks for your reply, I now see that you do have a lot of experience. But how
many of those grands are saturated with CA? I doubt that many to be annoying.
Especially, if they are Yamaha Grands. I take care of over 90 Yamaha grands.
They tend to be troublesome with hammer clicks from time to time. I replace on
the average 20 sets of various makes a year. Of those, I usually replace the
shanks ande flanges as well. In a commercial situation I find I get a better
result by replacing the assembly. Additionally, Yamaha pricing makes the
replacement almost silly not to replace them with the assembly. It would be a
waste of my clients time and money to  replace just the hammers. Therefore, my
solution to use CA glue is justified and less troublesome than it sounds for
yourself.
Merry Christmas.