A Metalic Buzz

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:44:01 -0600 (CST)

Terry,

   One other thing to check I haven't seen mentioned yet is the bridge
notching. If the wire is touching the wood on the speaking length side,
you will get a buzz.
   Also, have you checked to be sure the soundboard is attached securely
around the edges? Even a piece of old hide glue that has come unattached
can sometimes buzz if it's in the right location.
   Just a couple of thoughts.

Avery

>No I don't have the answer yet (but wish I did).I didn't break off a drill
>bit (thank goodness). I have checked under the apron with a light and
>mirror. I can't see anything under there. I'll just keep on trucking. I'll
>find it sometime (I hope).
>
>Thanks for your reply. Happy Holidays
>
>Terry

Avery Todd, RPT