advice??

Al Jeschke jeschkea@cadvision.com
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:45:45 -0700

Sorry, for the previous unfinished send.  I'm learning what NOT to do!

Since the Hallet & Davis was above pitch, and dropped to A440, IMHO I would
now leave it at A440, where pitch really should be.  In doing some tension
calculations on piano data I have on hand, and based on the average upright
piano, overall tension on the Hallet & Davis has been dropped by
approximately 2000 pounds, an average drop of approx. 9lbs per string from
47 cents sharp to A440.  Dropping pitch to A435 (5 cents) is a drop of
approx. 780 lbs, or only 3 1/2 lbs per string, not really sufficient to be
concerned about.  It's another consideration if the piano were 47 cents
below A440, and number of strings were broken, or had been replaced.

In any case, good luck!

Al Jeschke   RPT
Jeschke's Piano Service
Calgary, Alberta