Flange papers

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 22:40:46 EST

<<
 For many years John Ford sold auto body stripeding tape to use for
 traveling.

 Unfortunately this material had gum that oozed out from the flange screw
 parssure and changed the traveling.

 For many years I have tried many different types of tape and have
 finally come back to the old tried and true brown pachaging, lick and
 stick, tape use for the last fifty or more years.

 It's advangate is that it does stick to most surfaces, is cheap in the
 extreme, comes is large rolls and works perfectly for our purporses.

 What I do is take a 1/2" dowl and stick the tape to the dowel then roll
 one inch or more diameter of tape onto the dowl.  I take a piece of 2x4
 and drill a 1" diameter hole down it's middle.  I split the 2x4 and fit
 the dowl into the now opened hole and cut the tape after getting a firm
 fit into the hole.  I seal the full width of the tape with a piece of
 plastic tape with the end folded under.  I then glue the 2x4 back
 togather with the tape inside the hole.  When it is dry I take it to the
 band saw and cut slices from the 2x4 the width I wish for my traveling
 tape.  My two inch wide brown tape will yield more than a yearj's worth
 of taveling tape.

 I don't trust modern adhesives on paper to be pressure indifferent over
 the long haul.

 Have happy holidays, one and all.

 	Newton
 	nhunt@jagat.com

Newton,

Where does one purchase this type of flange paper?  None of the office supply
stores carry the tape.  I guess self sticking paper is most popular at the
stores.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR