Trailer for moving pianos

Jim Kinnear jkinnear@pianoguy.com
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 14:05:47 -0500

Hi Folks;
I have to agree with both Bob about trailers. They are the BEST way to go
for moving one piano at a time.
I have used one now for about eight years. I had one specially built with
twin axles,  42" high walls,
steel floor ( it makes it easier to slide in a piano with a broken castor )
removable tailgate, and a steel frame / fitted vinyl tarp roof. The axles
are offset  or dropped about 8" below the center of the  ( old VW Rabbit )
wheels, leaving the deck about  a foot off the ground. When the piano is on
the dolly, tipping it puts one end into the trailer !!
Thi summer, I towed a Steinway player from Ontario to BC with my Honda
Accord, and you wouldnt even know it was there. The tandem axles also allow
you to unhook it from the vehicle, and still move the trailer  around
easily with a piano on it.

Merry Christmas

Jim Kinnear
www.pianoguy.com