Two questions

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 18:04:34 EST

>2.  I am not generally in the piano moving business, but on reviewing my
>records for the past two years, I have discovered that in the course of
>repairs/restorations etc. I have done over 30 moves, each one in a rented
>truck.  The cost adds up, and I am considering alternatives.  One
>alternative is a large enclosed trailer.   Can anyone recommend a
>particular type of trailer?  What are the pros and cons of using a trailer
>for piano moves?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Frank Weston

I have often thought of buying a trailer to move my pianos, but up to now have
decided against it. I have investigated buying one, but found out that in
order to get one that you can use for moving pianos, you have to get a cutom
made one, with a back door high enough so that it can accomodate a grand on
its side. You can buy one for your needs for roughly $2,000.

But the cost of buying one is not the only expense. Insurance, upkeep, and
extra wear on your car, (not to mention your back), can make owning a trailer
more expensive than either renting a trailer once in a while, or having the
move done by "profesionals".

The other reason I have not owned a trailer is the workman's liabilty for the
person who helps me. If he slips, or hurts his back helping you move, it could
cost you a lot of money.

Just my 2 cents worth

Willem Blees