knuckles

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@emi.net
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 13:58:03 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

In changing a set of knuckles, I found that the spline of the new
replacements (supplied by a piano manufacturer) were a tish larger than the
groove left after removal of the old knuckles. I found a file in my pile of
tools that did the job of widening the groove, but I was uncomfortable
using it because it slowed me down. I tried saw blades and I tried filing
the new splines, but using the file in the grooves was the least of all
those evils. Does anyone have a good trick of the trade to suggest for my
next knuckle encounter?

By the way, for those who are unaware, a "tish" is a highly technical term
analogous to a "smidgeon".

Howard S. Rosen, RPT
Boynton Beach, Florida