Erard grand hammerblow

Oleg Isaac oleg_i@club-internet.fr
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 23:32:17 +0100

Hello all,

I've seen
DGPEAKE <DGPEAKE@aol.com>
is looking for Erard Grand hammerblow and specifications.

I had regulate some of them. Dont be afraid to have 59 mm hammer blow in
the bass and 54 mm on the others. I have these specifications given me
by an old technician a long time ago, and they are OK)
The back checks are not usual, you may found a key dip so the hammers
stay with the "bachecks" (don't know how to name it) are 2 mm above the
hammer shank - it will be 10.5 mm env (key dip)
The springs regulate as usual.
The drop is 10mm from strings. (T screw, only half turns possibles, be
careful the T scew have not been modified in shape ore misaligned, as
some techs do that for "fine" adjustment)
let off is as usual. When well regulated, these actions are very even
and the regulation stay a very long time.

You can have the hammers recovered and the skin for the backcheks, and
the knukles recovered by a very good technician in Paris (very nice job
not so expensive) DESFOUGERES (hammer recovers) - write me if you want
prices and adress.

The screw you are speaking of is there to regulate the freeness of the
centerpins, that's all. With them metal flanges, it is not often you
have to do something with it.

To you all, I apologize I am not present these days . I have been really
buzy all times, and did not even read all the digests. As a fairly new
technician here, I have to take all opportunities, and I work every day,
even sunday these times.

I wish you will have a very nice year, and you had a merry Christmas.

Hope I will be back soon.

Best regards frop Paris.

Isaac OLEG

P.S. Barrie, Stephen, I will respond to you tommorrow.