informal/definitions/rerere

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 13:10:08

>I really think the real deal at this point is honesty and ethical
behavior.  I've
>never heard of a Heniztman, but I'll bet it doesn't have either the
quality or
>resale value of a M&H or S&S.  So, if it's worth, say, $5,000 on a good
day, one
>probably shouldn't convince the customer it's worth spending $22,500 for a
>complete rebuild.
>

>Danny Moore (TX)

I'll take the Bet Danny,
                        By and large definitely superior to M&H
particularly in the treble.  Have recently rebuilt two 7' that would give
S&S B's a good run for the money.  A Heinzman in prime condition would be
the first choice of many music teachers here in Canada.
  Quality  rebuilt Heinzman grands resell in Canada for $20,000 plus, I
will buy as many 1920's vintage as possible.  In our area you would have a
hard time making a dollar on a M&H, the few that are in the market place
tend to be bad mouthed by techs, due to the treble tuning difficulties.
Thats a whole new story, and not my opinion.
  It would be interesting to here from Ted Sambell on you comments, as he
has probably rebuilt as many S&S as well as Heinzmans as any one that I
know of.
Regards Roger.

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.