informal /little cheaper

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 17:21:44 -0700

At 06:39 PM 12/29/97 EST, you wrote:

>In a message dated 12/29/97 3:11:53 PM, pianobuilders@olynet.com wrote:
>
><<My new estimate was considerably higher to cover the additional work now
>needed. Alas, they still
>wanted to shop around for the best price and, sure enough, they found someone
>else who would do "the same work for hundreds
>of dollars less.">>
>
>Del;
> There is a quote that goes
>"There is always someone willing to do the job a little cheaper and always
>someone hunting for someone to do it cheaper, they are each others natural
>prey."
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Jim, Del,
	Ran into the "unwanted" price game situation a few years back, with a
particularly pushy customer. A spur-of-the-moment non-diplomatic response
blurted from either my mouth, or the mouth of one of the helpers:

		"Let's NOT find out!"
	It's been used quite successfully several times since.

Guy Nichols, Member, PTG
nicho@lascruces.com

              "Not everything that counts can be counted,
               and not everything that can be counted counts."
				                          Albert Einstein