Rebuilding book

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:16:04 -0800

Pianotoone@aol.com wrote:

> If this is a duplicate please accept my apologies, but the list seems to be
> screwy and I don;t know if my first query got posted.  There were no replies.
>
> I am looking for a book on rebuilding grands and uprights.  Pinblock
> replacement, soundboard replacement, etc.  Have checked at Schaff and in PTG
> Journal.  Found videotapes but no books.  Can anyone help?
>
> Dick Day
> Marshall MI

Dick,

There were a bunch of well-written articles on those subjects several
years ago in the PTG Journals.  When I get a chance, I'll see if I can
find some of them for you.  The only book I know of that covers some of
those areas is the one by Reblitz.  Most of what I know came from the
Journal articles.  See if you can find somebody in the Guild with the
index to those back issues.  Other than that you would need to take some
university courses if they are available, or swap time for experience
with somebody that is already doing the work.

Good Luck!

Warren
--
Warren D. Fisher