Reajusting pitch on a SAT page

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Sat, 01 Feb 1997 10:36:24 -0700 (MST)

Yes Michel.

It is as simple as that and even more so.  You could just make a note on
your service sticker for that piano to remind you to  reset the SAT pitch
to + 0.8 cents in just one sequence. When you first turn on the machine
and touch the TUNE button to take it out of calibrate mode, hit the UP
cents button a few times to show + .8 cents, then holding down the shift
button, hold down the MSR button, release the MSR button, release the
SHIFT button.  A + sign will appear in the left window showing that the
SAT is set at a pitch higher than A440.  Anytime you wish to check the
pitch to which it is set, you merely run the cents down to 0.0 in the
right side window, hold down SHIFT, hold down MSR and you will see in
the right window the amount of reset pitch that is currently in force.
This amount will be erased when the machine is turned off.

If you should choose to do it the hard way for permanent storage on that
page of memory, just be sure that you are on the correct page for that
piano, and stay on it for all 88 changes. Then it is just a simple
matter of starting at note 1, adding your .8 cents, pressing SHIFT MEM.
Here is where you must be careful. The machine automatically advances
to A#, but it is still showing the same cents which you just stored for
A0 but it has also changed to TUNE mode. The left window is now showing
the 6th partial of A# which is the partial the machine actually tunes by.
You need to hit the MEM button in order to get back into MEM mode.  Now,
there will be no cents showing in the right window (only the page
number), so you need to hit UP note once and down note once
to get the normal cents deviation to show in the right window so that
you can again add your .8 cents to it.  You can follow this same procedure
all the way up to note 88.

Now, you can see why it is much simpler to just reset the machine.

Jim Coleman, Sr.