Hyundai request-Willem Blees

Lee Sankey lee_sankey@hotmail.com
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 18:34:26 -0800 (PST)

Dear Willem,

I had sent information below to what I thought was your personal email
address. I am unable to tell if in fact you received it so I will  try
sending it through pianotech.

I am given to understand that the Hyundai piano is manufactured by
Samick. The local dealer in San Antonio told me that even thoughSamick
is in re-organization following their bankruptcy that Hyundai is keeping them
alive with their orders.

I once worked for Samick and later Young Chang and visited Korea very
frequently. Hyundai is a very large corporation that manufactures
automobiles, ships etc.  The Hyundai pianos that I have serviced seem to be a
good value but the share the same problems as any Korean built
piano. The treble of most of their grands are very clear and have a nice long
sustain time. The climate of South Korea is very humid overall and is even
worse certain times of the year. During the rainy season it is often 100
degrees and 100% humidity.  Twenty degrees below zero is not uncommon during
the winter and the humidity drops dramactically. The factory is located near
Inchon which is a seaport on the western coast of Korea and is just south of
the Hon river valley a very wide river similar to the Ohio river. Quality
control remains a constant problem with an unstable labor force.

Contact if you have further questions.

Lee Sankey  LSankey@swbell.net