Perfect tuning

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 21:38:26 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-02-02 19:38:06 EST, jpage@capecod.net (Jon Page)
writes:

<< The ear has a tendency to hear the upper end sharp.
 Violinists, I find are the most (what's the word here). . . convinced;
 that what they hear/preceive is . . . correct/fact. >>

Jon,
I know what you mean. Pinkas Zukermann was here last week. As we were leaving
after the concert, he was very nice and complementary. But... he said "since
the piano was so great, next time will you raise the lower/tenor section for
me." I responded, "do you mean you want me to make those octaves more
narrow?" His answer: "yes, then I won't have to work at all."  Go figure.
Gina Carter