Bosendorfer Problems

Charles E Faulk cfaulk2@juno.com
Mon, 03 Feb 1997 18:31:48 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Jon, Newton, and Lee.  Your suggestions will be quite helpful. I
do keep a couple bottles of Protek around for a multitude of
applications.

Would you suggest a careful masking off of the pin area and speaking
length strings before applying the Protek, or would simply restricting
the spray area with a cardboard covering be enough?

Yes, I not only tap down the strings on the bridge prior to each tuning,
but  I keep a piece of brass rod inserted in a handle to "massage" the
speaking part of the string in hopes that some of the tension will
equalize.

And yes, the humidity control in the hall where the Bosendorfer is kept
is abyssmal.
I am constantly readjusting the pitch on the instrument.

Thanks again.

Charles Faulk RPT