Perfect fifths temperament (was Perfect Tuning)

KUANG v137z2ng@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Mon, 03 Feb 1997 18:46:03 -0500 (EST)

Actually it's not that bad at all.  I usually start from A, then go down
to D, to G, to C, and to F.  And here I stop to avoid disaster....
I check the minor 10th (A and C) and the major 10th (F and A).  I can't
hear the beat but I know if either or both intervals sound right,
then I better start over.  At the same time, I will know if "my" perfect
fifth is too low or too high.  I don't know how fast average tuners can
set a perfect temperament, but I usually can get the temperament in 10 to
20 minutes, depending on the condition of the piano.

Kuang