Drop Action Removal

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Mon, 03 Feb 1997 19:53:21 -0800

jpiesik@arinc.com wrote:

>      Dear List,
>
>      What is the most efficient method to remove drop actions?
>
>      I have used a chinese jump rope, weaving it in and out, to hold the
>      drop stickers up.  I've also tried coat hangers, strategically bent to
>      hold up the drop stickers.  But my methods seem to take too much time.

John,

I just use heavy twine, tied to the left standard and looped around the
section.  Then make 2 loops around the 2nd standard below the hammer
rail, pull up the slack and wrap the second loop around the first to
hold every thing tight. Then loop the next section and pull it tight and
so on. Long forceps or tweezers can be used to thread the twine through
the standards.  Wrap several loops or knots around the last standard to
keep it from coming loose.  Takes about 5 minutes once you get the hang
of it.

Warren
--
Warren D. Fisher