Perfect tuning

Mon, 03 Feb 1997 18:25:21 -0800

Gina,

Did Pinkie play only violin or was the recital on both violin _and_ viola?
(Speaks to the "perfect tuning" thread.)

Also, what did Mark Neikrug think of the piano?...

Best.

Horace

At 09:38 PM 2/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 97-02-02 19:38:06 EST, jpage@capecod.net (Jon Page)
>writes:
>
><< The ear has a tendency to hear the upper end sharp.
> Violinists, I find are the most (what's the word here). . . convinced;
> that what they hear/preceive is . . . correct/fact. >>
>
>Jon,
>I know what you mean. Pinkas Zukermann was here last week. As we were leaving
>after the concert, he was very nice and complementary. But... he said "since
>the piano was so great, next time will you raise the lower/tenor section for
>me." I responded, "do you mean you want me to make those octaves more
>narrow?" His answer: "yes, then I won't have to work at all."  Go figure.
>Gina Carter

Horace Greeley

"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history"

			- George Bernard Shaw

Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu
voice mail: 415.725.9062