Drop Action Removal

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 16:18:46 -0500

I just can't hold back any longer.  I'm surprised noone has mentioned the
sectional steel rods that that comes in 4 sections and screw into each
other.  It's especially made for spinet action removal.  See Schaff P/N
3339 on page 39 of their tool catalog.  I've used it for years, along with
some ty-raps or twist-ties to secure it to the action brackets.  It also
slips easily into actions equipped with a slot. It separates into 4
sections and mine came with a storage bag.  Takes up little room and is
very convenient.  Of course, it's not for Acrosonic actions.  When I come
across one of those consoles with the grand type lid and can't easily
remove the hingepins, I use a couple steel rod sections to hold up the lid.
Give it a try.

Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL