classroom pianos

David Graham U40DCG1@WPO.CSO.NIU.EDU
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 15:38:22 -0600

I'm curious what you tune in classrooms used mainly for instructional
purposes: for example music history/theory rooms. We have eleven
such rooms here in the music building.  Two of these rooms are used as
rehearsal spaces for Jazz combos, and have S&S Model Ls from the
1960s.  A lecture hall that is also used 1 time a week for rehearsal has a
S&S B, four rooms have S&S Ls made in 1973, and five rooms have
Yamaha U1s. I would appreciate having info on any Conservatory or
University inventory for similar spaces.  I'm considering trades involving
some of these pianos, and comparative data would be helpful. I would
suggest emailing me privately, and I'll compile the results or anyone who
wants them. I would appreciate having this info SOON. Thanks
David Graham,RPT
Northern Illinois University
dgraham@niu.edu