Perfect tuning

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 19:33:54 -0600

----------
> From: Horace Greeley <hgreeley@leland.Stanford.EDU>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Perfect tuning
> Date: Tuesday, February 04, 1997 3:00 PM

Horace writes

, you might want to
> compare the diatonic intonation between the violin and the viola.

I  have always wondered what happens if the pianist plays middle C and the
violinist plays the E tenth above, and holding that, the pianist then plays
that E.  The piano tenth beats ten beats per second sharp of pure. The
piano can't adjust, so the violinist must.  I have always wanted to ask if
they hear this and how or if they adjust. Perhaps through vibrato?

Richard Moody