Drop Action Summary

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 22:49:20 -0800

jpiesik@arinc.com wrote:

> The response is pretty much what I expected, but not what I had hoped for.  It
> is amazing to me that for the last 67 years there has not been developed a
> proven, standard tool or device for holding drop stickers up and out of the way
> during the servicing of drop actions.

Okay John,

Let's see if we can design something together!

1. Take two action sticks like those that come with new grands and screw
them together wide side to wide side.  Figure out the spacing between
action parts in the different sections of the piano (bass wide,treb
close).  Hold the sticks in front of the action brackets and mark their
positions on the edge of the sticks.  Take a small straight edge or
small try square and mark off bass intervals on the stick edges in the
bass section of the sticks and likewise in the other sections.  Take
your sticks to the drill press, insert a 1/8th inch bit and drill each
mark at the joint between the sticks.  Drill throughout the section. The
next spinet may have less or more parts per section.  Remove the screws
from the sticks and you have two spinet sticker controllers!  All we
have to do is figure out how to attach them to the action brackets.  Let
me know what you use.  The first thing I'm going to try is an Accrosonic
sticker and see if I can find a wing nut to fit it!

Good Luck!

Warren
--

Warren D. Fisher