plate bolt tightening tool for Young Chang?

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 05:57:24 -0700 (MST)

	Russell,

	I have found that there are so many different screw heads and bolt
heads to cope with in tightening plate and pinblock screws and bolts that
I have taken a new approach.

	I found a small 1/4 inch ratchet wrench handle. Then I assembled
each tip into a socket which fits the 1/4 handle. The phillips tip you are
asking about is a #4, not easily available but you can find them. Gray
tools has one set in a 3/8 inch socket, so I disassembled is and epoxied
it into a 1/4 inch socket.
	Another tip is that wonderful slot screwdrivers can be made from
the spade type wood drills made for electric drills. Find one that is the
width and thickness you desire and grind off the point. The other end is
usually made into a hexagon shape so that it is easy to mount into a
socket.
	I have slot tips, #3 and #4 phillips tips, a #4 robertson tip and
a few of the most commonly needed sizes of hexagon bolt sockets with an
tiny adapter so that they can be used in the 1/4 inch handle. The whole
set weighs very little and doesn't take much space in my tuning kit.

	I hope this helps.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta