plate bolt tightening tool for Young Chang?

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Sat, 08 Feb 1997 01:31:36 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-02-04 23:29:24 EST, Russel Schmidt writes:

<<
           Does anyone know if there is availible a phillips head screwdriver
 blade that will fit in my tuning hammer tip to tighten the screws on Young
 Chang Grands and other Asian pianos. The tool I carry for the purpose from
 A.P.S.C. do not fit these smaller plate bolt screws.    Thanks

Russel -

The best tool for this that I have found is a tool from Sears & Sawbuck. It
fits on my 3/8 in. socket driver, and has a removable #3 Phillips screwdriver
tip in it. The nice thing about it is that you can also get large, flat blade
screwdriver tips for it, along with other size Phillips tips, Torx tips, etc.
if needed. By using this tool, I save my tuning tip from being damaged by the
ill-fitting tools supposedly made to fit out tuning hammers.