key bushings

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Sat, 08 Feb 1997 13:31:50 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-02-07 10:08:09 EST, Beverly Kim wrote:

<< After removing the felt on a set of keys, I discovered that the WOOD on
 the sides of the front rail mortises were slightly concave.  Heretofore,
 I'd only observed that shape because of the compressed felt.

 I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I should proceed before
 installing new felt.

Bill Spurlock has developed a method using two files glued together, with
veneer between to make them the right thickness. I believe it was in the
Journal at one time in his articles on rebushing. If you can't find it there,
you could e-mail him to find out if it is in his brochure on rebushing.

Hope this is helpful.

John Elving, RPT
Sacramento, CA