Hammer strike point

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 01:01:52 -0700 (MST)

Hi Warren:

Strike point is not as important below notes 55 or so.  Usually the strike
ratio below that is 1/8 the string length from the Agraffe.  JIMRPT's
suggestion for the top part is excellent.  If you change very much in the
Bass or Tenor section, you will have hammers bearing to the left or right.
This could affect the wippen to knuckle alignment, so keeping a straight
line is probably more important than the cut and fit method in the lower
areas.  Sometimes, it is cheaper to put on a new set than to try to
straighten out a bungled job.

Jim Coleman, Sr.