vertical hammer hanging -Reply

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:22:01 +0000

> Date:          Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:32:59 -0500
> From:          dempsey@ramlink.net (Paul E. Dempsey)
> Subject:       Re: vertical hammer hanging -Reply
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

Of course you can see the hammer much better on the upright.
I'm sure cosmetics is one reason.  When we trim and disksand grand
hammers we get a straight line from #1 to #88 and the backchecks
end up lined up nicely.  The hammers of the upright would end up
with that same straight line from #1 to #88 after trimming and
disksanding.  Would the bass hammers look strange?

ilvey, RPT
Pacifica, CA