Tuning pin angle

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:56:14 -0500

How old was the piano, is the block original?  It is likely that if the
piano was an old one the holes could have been drilled by hand.  In the
factory they use a drill head on a long arm which, depending upon bit
pressure could change the angle.

I would stress again, that the angle to block is not as important as pin to
string at 90 degrees from bottom coil 1/8" from plate to first string rest.

Good observing and interesting information.  I hope you have a fire place to
burn and enjoy the leavings of your work.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com

..oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.
 ()_()
 -^.^- USAGI NO ONNA
 (___)}
   "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, here's a little number I tossed off
recently in the Caribbean."
"Minimum wage!  Yee-ha!"
Et introduxit me in cubiculum sum.
..oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.