Hammer loaction

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:37:44 -0500

Hammers have to be located at the piano, unless you have specifications and
even then variations in each plate casting can change hammer location.

C88 is located by sound.  Moving the hammer in or out can produce a tremdous
difference in the power of the sound.  Mark the key frame location as
located by the frame positioners, whatever system is used, the place the new
hammer on its shank and move the action in and out until the best sound is
found.  Check the line of original location and move the hammer in or out
the same amount.  You can also do this for the hammer at the bottom of the
treble section.  From the bottom of the treble section to the bottom of the
next section is most likely a straight line but you can check it the same
way.  from there to A0 will be a straight line.

I know this may not be a lot of fun, but it is the only way.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com

..oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.
 ()_()
 -^.^- USAGI NO ONNA
 (___)}
   "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, here's a little number I tossed off
recently in the Caribbean."
"Minimum wage!  Yee-ha!"
Et introduxit me in cubiculum sum.
..oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.