brass ??'s

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 15:40:49 -0500 (EST)

List;
  I was asked this question and because I don't feel competent to answer it
thought I would post it so that someone who knows what they are talking about
will answer it. I have included the question and my response.
-----------

  "2. How did you reanneal the agraffes? Could hitting them with a propane
     torch do the trick?"
I used a propane torch, but the color the brass turns while heated plays a
role.
 I feel confident enough to do a set myself but I am going to post a question
to the list re; reannealing and see if someone more competent will chime in
with the correct procedure. (If there is no indication of cracking or
splitting this procedure is probably unneeded.)
Jim Bryant (FL)