spinet repitition problems

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 19:27:35 -0700 (MST)

 Dear List,

        I just serviced an Aolian, Metropolitan spinet at a Senior Center.

        It has repitition problems with many keys.

        I talked with a local tech here, Larry Messerly, and he said that
it could be the flanges and he dabs them with some type of powder using a
paintbrush,

        I would like to avoid taking it out if at all possible I think the
sentiments are the same with all technicians on a spinet action...

        Maybe some of you found a way to take them out quickly, but that is
another thread.

        So enjoy sewing this, I hope that you pundits out there can help me
because this piano is in sad shape.  It also must have a crack in the
pinblock.

        Thanks Eliot