baldwin console repetition

JPTUNER@aol.com JPTUNER@aol.com
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:41:15 -0500 (EST)

hello all,
             since were on the subject of repetition ,i recently regulated a
baldwin 46" console from around the 1980s. I noticed in order to get correct
 repetition  the key had to be lifted completly up.All the jacks return
properly, and there is nothing more to find to regulate to change this,i went
over everything! then i recently spoke to a former steinway tech, who told me
that they were designed that way .in order to get repetition the key has to
completly be lifted.A really good pianist can execute it properly.I have
regulated many consoles that were not like this, only on this baldwin
console.Has anyone ever seen this?
                                                         jptuner