spinet repitition problems

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 09:37:55 -0500

     I agree that the absolute correct answer to sluggish flange pinning is
     to rebush. However, most spinets aren't worth the effort. And it
     doesn't sound like Elliot's spinet is a good candidate for
     repinning/rebushing.

     Removing and replacing a spinet action is not that terrible. (Elliot,
     I suggest you learn to do this, and maybe this piano wouldn't be a bad
     place to begin.) I've lubed many a tight flanges with Protek CLP with
     good results that last - doesn't work every time, but most of the
     time. Get the action out, and lube all the bushings. You might be
     surprised by the results.

     . . . all this assuming Elliot's rep. problem is sticky flange
     bushings. (I suspect the problem is slow returning jacks/hammers.)

     Regards,

     John Piesik, RPT

A paintbrush to dab all the flanges?  Which flanges, and what is is painting
them with?

The correct answer to sluggish repetition is to repin, or even rebush, the
wippen flanges. I have found that this is the only way to correct this
problem. I have tried lubricating them with silicone, alcohol and water, and
other center pin lubricants, but no matter what I try, the only real solution
was repinning.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis