spinet repitition problems

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 09:40:49 -0500 (EST)

>I just serviced an Aolian, Metropolitan spinet at a Senior Center.
>
>        It has repitition problems with many keys.
>
>        I talked with a local tech here, Larry Messerly, and he said that
>it could be the flanges and he dabs them with some type of powder using a
>paintbrush,

A paintbrush to dab all the flanges?  Which flanges, and what is is painting
them with?

The correct answer to sluggish repetition is to repin, or even rebush, the
wippen flanges. I have found that this is the only way to correct this
problem. I have tried lubricating them with silicone, alcohol and water, and
other center pin lubricants, but no matter what I try, the only real solution
was repinning.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis