Agraffes

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 16:37:38 +0000

Dear Ed,

An interesting article.  I've always removed and cleaned my agraffes or
replaced them, if I thought it was necessary.  Your method of reeming
sounds quite interesting.  However, one part does concer me you say you
keep the drill going and do the full set.  Does this not cause a
variation in the accuracy of the reiming due to the heat expansion of
the reimer, do you start with the treble section and work towards the
base to compensate for the expansion, or is the agraffe struckture too
soft to create that much heat transfer to the reimer.

Regards,

Barrie.

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |