Tekniclavier

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 20:02:28 +0000

Dear All,

 Can you help this man?

Thanks

Barie,

---Forward---

From: William M Hoag <bhoag@locke.ccil.org>
Subject: Practice Piano; "Tekniclavier"

I got your e-mail address when I did  search on "Practice Piano".

I help out at our local historical society on whatever needs to be done.
Yesterday they gave me an instrument to catalog that had just been
donated. I don't play the piano so I don't know much about them.

This object looks to be early 19th c. and is a 88 key keyboard spinet
size instrument that is mute. The hammers strike against a felt covered
bar. There is an adjustment for "Up Click" and "Down Click" controlled
by
levers at each end of the keyboard plus individual key adjustments done
by a small tool. It has a touch adjustment knob (the instruction label
inside says to leave at 5 oz. when shipping).

It was made in New York by (I failed to make a note of the name, a
woman).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill Hoag, Malvern, PA, USA

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |