900 crickets

Lee Sankey LSankey@swbell.net
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:28:06 -0600

------------3DB377D87AF60

Guy,

Sounds silly but I chased a "buzz" in a Steinway L a couple years ago.
The owner was a piano tech himself. I swore after a couple of hours that
is was coming from under side of the "diaphragmatic soundboard" above
the rear leg console. I could apply pressure directly to the board  and
the buzz would be eliminated. Well to make a long story short I
remembered a common problem Yamaha had with a similar problem. It was
the long hinge on the top board. The long pin inside. I crimped the
brass with small vice grips.

For what it's worth
Lee Sankey
lsankey@swbell.net

------------3DB377D87AF60

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Guy,</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Sounds silly but I chased a &quot;buzz&quot; in a Steinway L a couple
years ago. The owner was a piano tech himself. I swore after a couple of
hours that is was coming from under side of the &quot;diaphragmatic soundboard&quot;
above the rear leg console. I could apply pressure directly to the board&nbsp;
and the buzz would be eliminated. Well to make a long story short I remembered
a common problem Yamaha had with a similar problem. It was the long hinge
on the top board. The long pin inside. I crimped the brass with small vice
grips.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>For what it's worth</DT>

<DT>Lee Sankey</DT>